Phil Shaw wrote:

> I have Fin 2002.  I removed it then installed Fin2003.
> All notes (old songs and new ones) then appeared
> as garbled gibberish.  I.e. I seem to have lost
> JazzFont.
>
> So, I re-installed Fin 2002, and installed Fin2003.
> Everything worked fine.  THen I removed Fin2002,
> and again got garbled notes.
>
> Anybody know how to use Fin2003 without also
> having Fin2002 installed?

I'd delete 2002 by deleting the folder containing the program, rather
than uninstalling it.  Or else, move all of the data that you want to
save out of the 2k2 file, remove that first, and then install 2k3.

I suspect that, since the Jazz font, and I assume the same thing is true
of any bit of the package with the same name in 2k2 and 2k3, is common
to both, when you uninstall a package you uninstall all of the items of
the one you want, which happen to have common names with those in the
system you installed.

ns