Hi all,

I am using Windows Finale 2003.  I am struggling to find a simple way to
have the first note of each system on a page all line up vertically.  The
only time it is ok for the first note of each system NOT to line up is if
there is a new key signature or time signature displayed in one or more of
the systems.  If I use note spacing or time signature spacing, Finale
indents the first note automatically based upon space it needs for lyrics,
accidentals, chord clusters, etc.  This results in a jagged left alignment
of notes from one system to another.  If I use beat spacing it does do what
I want and aligns the left notes, BUT it does not allow me to go into the
measure tool and adjust the horizontal spacing of notes in a measure.  Is
there a setting I am not aware of that does both: align the left notes of
all systems AND allows the measure tool vertical spacing to work?  BTW I
need to have the alignment of the first syllable in each system set to
CENTER.  Thanks to anyone who can give some advice.

Lee Dengler
Minister of Music and Arts - College Mennonite Church
Assistant Professor of Music - Goshen College
Director - Goshen Community Chorale
Editor and Engraver
Composer
Work 574-535-7262