I am forwarding this post to the list on the assumption that Doug didn't intend this as a private message.

On Sunday, February 9, 2003, at 08:29 PM, Doug Auwarter wrote:

on 2/9/03 6:52 PM, Darcy James Argue at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hard
drives sometimes fail, that's just a fact of life.), that is extremely
easy and inexpensive to replace.
But the havoc they wreak when they do isn't easy to deal with. This happened
to me and it was a disaster.
I now have an outboard LaCie drive on which I back-up everything on a daily
basis (or at least every day that I do substantial work.) Another
cost-effective solution is to back up your documents folder on a cd (or two
or more, if necessary.) At their current price of about 20¢ apiece (when
purchased in 100 count quantities) that's not much to spend for the security
against data loss (and hair loss, appetite loss and all the rest.)
Best,
Doug

- Darcy

-----