On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 10:14  PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

Recently, every time I quit Finale, I get a message that Finale has "unexpectedly quit" because of a Type 2 Error.
This problem has been discussed and explored by all the Mac plugin developers for over a year now. It is related to some commonly available code (a patch) which determines whether or not one is in page view and the current page/measure number. The code is based on an ancient 68K style of patching which chokes on MacOS 9.2 or later under certain conditions.

The only way for plugin developers to avoid this problem is to use a special library I've created called ViewInfo. However, it only solves the situation for the above mentioned items and not for any other kinds of patches which a developer might have implemented.

ViewInfo is Carbon compatible but theoretically, the PDK for a Carbonized Finale will have APIs for the items in question and nobody will have to resort to such low level shenanigans anymore...

Philip Aker
http://www.aker.ca