I would like to record accompaniments for students and performances of
students and am looking for advice, please.

One thought is a digital video camera. I was knocked out by the sound
quality from a Sony camera recording 2 flutes and piano with its own
microphone a couple of years back.

I am also interested in Mini Disk recorders.  I like the idea of being able
to take your little player anywhere and then bring it home and burn a CD
from the downloaded files.

Can anyone tell me if you can download audio only files from a digital video
camera, please? Do they use USB format, or do I need to install another
format such as Firewire?

In Australia, it would seem that a video camera would be about twice the
price of a decent mini disk player. However, I don't think mikes are
included with Mini Disk players.

Thanks for any help, folks.
David McKay
[EMAIL PROTECTED]