On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 09:17 PM, One of the McKays wrote:

Thanks for all the advice, folks.
I am disappointed you can't transfer the stuff via USB cable to your
computer, like I do with my digital camera. I guess the files would be a lot
bigger.

No. It's got nothing to do with the size of the files (and digital video files are, naturally, larger than digital audio files).

It's about "digital rights management." Since Sony is both an electronics manufacturer and a "content provider," as they say, it is extremely worried about piracy. So they deliberately disables the digital out on their MiniDiscs.

- Darcy

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Boston MA