I am sure that it must be possible to set it as a default so that, say channel 10 program 1 will play back note bellow staff as bass drum, note on middle line as snare, the notes in between as tom-toms, and the top lines as cymbals, for example. I just do not know how to achieve this marvelous effect. Your help would be much appreciated!

Dr.A.S.Weinstangel

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: "David H. Bailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: finale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Finale] adding to parts
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:57:43 -0500

Wow, you have a chore!

I would simply open the score and all of the individual parts in separate windows, and simply copy and insert -- be careful to click INSERT under the EDIT menu, don't use the normal cmd-v (or whatever it is on macs for paste). Then I would save that part and move on to the next part.

After I had done that for each part, I would close the score and start working on the page layout for the parts.

Good luck.

Bob Florence wrote:
Hi all:

I have just finished a piece for jazz band of 435 bars. I have extracted
all of the parts, tweaked them for page turns and other things. I have
now gone back to the score and added 60 more bars.
How would you suggest adding the new bars to the finished parts without
having to re-extract the parts again?
I am using Fin2003a on a Mac G3.

Thanks for all of your help:

Bob Florence