What exactly did you do to fix the problem?  I've had occasional (maybe 5%
of the time) weirdly shaped slurs ever since Engraver slurs were introduced.
Even so, the slurs only misbehave at some magnifications (usually 100%) and
not at others (like the ones I edit on-screen at).  I've always assumed it
was a bug, and my solution has been to turn off Engraver slurs for that slur
and tweak it manually.  I'm on Finale 2003b for Win, have no custom fonts,
and mainly use plain vanilla Maestro.  I notice that all my font annotation
files are dated 8/7/2001.

BTW, I notice that the problem is especially noticeable when the slur is on
the stem side.  Maybe it's trying to avoid something that isn't there?  Any
suggestions for a real fix to this problem are appreciated.

-Lee