Liudas writes:

2001b Windows:

The piano reduction plugin combines staves unintelligently. Expressions are
poorly placed, articulations are not carried over to the combined staff at
all, there may be many other issues..

I want to input a large score with about 7 pairs of parts, such as Flute
1+2, Clarinet 1+2, Bassoon 1+2, etc. These are all to be separately inputet
on their own staves. How can I combine them accurately in pairs of two's
with the least amount of work? Instead of 14 staves I want 7, but I prefer
to input them one staff at a time, for extraction purposes later on. Sort of
like TGTools smart part explosion but in reverse.

Is there a smart part 'implosion'? Suggestions? Wisdom?

Dear Liudas,

Change Flute 2 staff to Layer 2. Set "Show active layer only" (Layer 2), then copy Flute 2 into Flute 1 staff. Be sure layers are set for opposite stemming when both are present. You can decide whether to copy text expressions in the Mass Mover setup. After copying, show both layers. If this works well enough, then remove the Flute 2 staff. Do the same for the other staff pairs.

Good luck.

Hal
--
Harold Owen