Horace Brock has already answered this, but I wanted to add that when I am entering music into a transposing score in Finale from a concert pitch original, I set the Options to Display in Concert Pitch (why this isn't on the VIEW menu is beyond my comprehension!) and only after all the note entry is done do I switch that off so the transposing staves display correctly.

Herman S. Gersten wrote:
Dear list,

When entering notation from a MIDI keyboard into a transposing staff such as the clarinet part of a score, are the MIDI notes supposed to be automatically transposed as they are entered, or are they entered in concert pitch only?

If they are supposed to be automatically transposed as they are entered, what might cause them to be entered in concert pitch.

Herman

.

--
David H. Bailey