The grouping should reflect the phrasing, in my opinion, so the parts may be different. If the phrasing is all to be the same, then the grouping should all be the same, which won't be too hard. You can use mass mover to highlight whichever part you want to change and then under the Mass Edit menu select Rebeam and then choose Rebeam to Time Signature and then set your time signature to reflect the groups you want.

Taris L Flashpaw wrote:
Hi all!
I've recently started work on a new piece for small orchestra, and in the second movement, the time signature is 7/8. The movement starts off with harp alone, and then after four bars adds a gorgeous english horn melody.
My problem is that I entered the harp as 3+4, and, without realizing (because it was offscreen), entered the english horn melody as 4+3. Is this permissible? And when I go to add other parts surrounding this, which one should I use (3+4 or 4+3)?

Taris

.

--
David H. Bailey