on 4/2/03 10:21 AM, Mr. Liudas Motekaitis at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> 39 staves in the score. Page reduction of 38% and it barely fits. Staves
> ranging from 2-lined percussion up to 10-lined and 5 lined bracketed stave
> sets for contrabass. Here we have people blowing letters into their wind
> instruments and working their way around within the various metal parts of
> the two grand pianos. 2432 time signature changes. Amorphous squiggles and
> up to 7 ppppppp. 42 pages of this. The score is supplied as a Finale file.
> Parts and score are required.
>
> If normal rates for a page of orchestral score are x, what is the multiple
> to be applied for this?

Well, my first reaction was 'WHY?'.  But then I realized that was
inappropriate.  Depending on what you're being asked to do with this
monstrosity, I would quote a minimum of $65 per hour, give an estimate of
how many hours I would need to work on it, plus 20%, perhaps consider adding
in a frame rate of no less than $.75 per frame, and then get half up front.
Trust me, I am NOT exaggerating.  I've been thru this and have done exactly
as I have just described.  It has the added benefit of weeding out the
riff-raff.

HTH.

J.D. Thomas
ThomaStudios