It would be comparable to the following directions in a play:
Speak with an American southern accent.
Speak with a Boston accent.

As oppposed to trying to use letters to write out all the linguistic freedoms those two regional dialects take. Writing out "Pahk the cah, please." is far more restrictive and results in farcical speech, while simply writing "[Spoken with a Boston accent] Park the car, please" will achieve much more natural sounding results.

Same with the "Swing" and "Straight" indications in jazz music -- trying to write out the various nuances of rhythm inherent in swing results in terrible, unswinging playing, while simply telling the musicians to swing results in much more natural, smooth swing.