Hello all....

Something I encountered the other day on a project, my customer asked
for a rough recording of the work I have been doing for him.  It is a
standard wind band arrangement, including percussion.  For clarity sake
I always notate the snare drum and bass drum on the same part - a 5 line
staff with percussion clef.  I use the first space for the bass drum
(always in layer 2) and the third space for the snare drum (always layer
1).

When I hit play within finale to listen to the arrangement the two
pitches for sd and bd come out as a whistle and cowbell.  Is there
anyway for me change things to get the correct sounds I want?  I played
around and found that the sd sound I like is seven ledger lines below
the staff and the bd sound is nine ledger lines below.

I could just create a copy of the file and move the appropriate notes
down, but I would prefer to have it set to the two locations I already
use.

Any help is much appreciated, on list or off.

Tom Flood