Maybe your program preferences are not being saved: do you have "Save preferences when exiting Finale" checked in the Program preferences?

Michael Cook

At 10:59 -0700 23/06/2003, Brad Beyenhof wrote:
I have recently been getting the message "Cannot open Finale 2003 as a PICT file, reverting to default background graphic" the first time I open or create a Finale in each session. I can change to my preferred background image and it will stay that way with no errors until I close Finale, but the next time I open the program I get the same error again.

I recently began running OS X, so I thought the Classic interface was maybe to blame. However, if I boot in 9.2.2 I still get that error. Does anyone have any words of wisdom?