"David H. Bailey" wrote:

> As it is Ted Ross's book and he's dead, as far as I'm concerned, nothing
> new can be added, unless he wrote some additional material before he died.

Well, there is something of a publishing tradition of continuing to use the
name of a well known author or editor, who is long dead.  Prominent examples
of these are "Webster's Dictionary", and "Gray's Anatomy".  Using the name
"Ross" on a second edition of a book bearing the identical title to the first,
and covering much the same area of inquiry, even though edited by someone
else, would not be outside this tradition.

ns