You have Fill With Rests checked in whichever entry mode you are using. Look in the menu for Speedy Entry or Simple Entry and uncheck that.

Or delete the rest and change the time signature for the final bar to 2/4 with the Option of Different Time Signature for Display set to 3/4 and checked.

David McKay wrote:

I am using WinFin2003a and have a final bar with 2 beats. I set it up with a
one bar pick up and it is in 3/4 time. Just a simple version of the Eriskay
Love Lilt.

The program adds a crotchet rest [quarter rest] to my last bar. I do not
remember this happening before, or how I dealt with it.
Thanks for any help you can give.
David McKay
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~musicke