Dear Finale List,

Using the JazzChord font, I have been trying to notate a Dominant 13th (b9)
chord as a polychord in Finale like this:

----
 C7

In the process, I found that there is no way to attach a chord suffix to an
alternate bass note in a chord symbol.

If I was willing to settle for a horizontal alignment (A/C7), I came up with
the following work-arounds:

1) Enter it as a text block or text expression. Unfortunately, I have to
then manually align it with other chords, I have to create a separate
expression for each root/chord, and if I copy it to a region with a
different key, the chord symbols won't transpose.

2) Enter just the "7" as a text expression or text block. These, too, have
to be extensively manually tweaked to look right.

3) The most practical work-around (for horizontal alignment): Put the "7"
suffix after the upper triad and set its position so it will align with what
Finale thinks is the alternate bass note, and enter the upper triad symbol
in a separate layer from the "alternate bass" chord. To facilitate Type Into
Score entry, I also preceded it with an empty character from the JazzChord
font so the position will be different from the "7" in a normal dominant 7th
chord. I had to create two separate suffixes: one that avoids an accidental
and one that doesn't.

However, when I tried to put a C *UNDER* the A chord (by selecting "Under
Root" from the Alternate Bass popup in the Chord Definition db or typing
A_C), the vertical spacing between the chord and alternate bass was way too
extreme, and the length, thickness and depth of the horizontal separator was
completely wrong (I want to make the horizontal line thicker, wider and
lower).

Does anyone know where these things can be edited?

Thanks in advance,
Brian Williams