To Whom It May Concern:

First, I find, to my disappointment, that 2k4 does not fix a lyrics
issue I previously reported, in which editing previously entered lyrics
via "type into score" and "edit lyrics" do not give the same result.  To
see this, create a new document, containing two staves, with two
measures in common time, all filled with quarter notes.  Assign as a
lyric syllable to each note on the upper staff the hexidecimal digits 0,
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7, and to each note on the lower staff the digits
8, 9, a, b, c, d, e, and f.  Save this document.

Usng "type into score":

1)  change "7" to "seven";

2)  select the syllable "seven", and backspace to remove the last two
letters, and attempt to type a hyphen, and then the second syllable.

Compare the result with what you obtian when you open a new copy of the
document, and  using "edit lyrics"

1)  change 7 to seven

2)  insert a hyphen so that it reads "sev-en"; close the menu and
observe the result in the score;

3)  using "edit lyrics" in the lyric tool menu, remove the hyphen from
seven, and remove the space between the seven and 8; close the menu and
observe the result in the score;

4) using "edit lyrics, replace the space between the seven and eight,
and the hyphen in seven.  Close the menu and observe the result in the
score.

As long as editing lyrics via the two methods can have different
results, this fact should be mentioned in the documentation.

As to the feature requests:  I'd still like to see search and replace in
the lyrics tool, and given the new "smart word extensions" feature, when
one right-clicks on the extension handle, I would really like to see an
option to delete the extension assigned to that syllable.

ns