I've used Finale for a very long time, mostly as a casual user. I find myself doing more projects these days, and I feel like I am not using some of the capabilities intelligently. In particularl, I don't think I am taking advantage of libraries as I should. I'd appreciate advice on this.

My projects are quite varied in instrumentation. I rarely do two with exactly the same instrumentation, so I have not set up my own templates. Instead I start each project by using the new document wizard.

That is terrific for getting the right instruments set up in score order with all the right transpositions and all. But I soon find myself entering lots of the same expressions into every document.

I presume it would be smart for me to save all my typical expressions into a library. But I don't quite get the concept. How do I save only the expressions that are my specials -- additional to the ones that come in the default Finale document? Is there a way to get them loaded automatically when I do the document setup wizard? How do y'all approach this?

Thanks,
Craig