Horace Brock wrote

> I'm having a problem with playback volume.
>
> I'm doing a transcription of the Schubert 8th Symphony, we're talking
> first movement. Although I have marked the opening pianissimo, the
> first measure is louder, then the volume drops in the SECOND measure.
> Then when the obbligato (accompaniment to the melody) comes in, it's
> fine for the first three bars. Then suddenly on the 2nd beat of m. 12,
> it gets loud, so loud in fact that it drowns out the first theme
> melody.
>
> There are no extra expressions in these places that I can find (I
> certainly didn't enter any), so I don't know what's causing this
> weirdness.
>
> Can somebody help?

Hello Horace.  Have you got the Play Recorded Key Velocity option checked?
Click on the toolbar button with the loudspeaker icon (should be next to the
tempo setting).  In the Playback Settings dialog box click on the Playback
Options button, and in the next DB uncheck the 4 boxes in the Options panel.  I
hope this sorts it out.