How did you enter the ritard at the end? Using the metronome tool on each beat? If so, those tempos stay the same absolute tempo you selected, so you'll have to adjust those to be more in character with a ritard at your desired tempo.

You can edit the playback for the expression, if you used the rit. expression.

You can remove the playback and use the midi tool where you can shape the playback for tempo and use percentage-of-original rather than absolute values so it should be a proportionally correct ritard for any tempo.

Herman S. Gersten wrote:

One of my files plays back nicely from the score.

I created a Finale MIDI file which greatly speeds up the tempo, and causes a huge slowdown and freeze on a ritard near the end.

Is this a problem with Quicktime Player or the Finale file?

I am using FinMac 2003 on a G4 in Classic mode.

Herman

.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]