Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:57:04 -0500 From: Richard Huggins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

By "as documented" I meant that Auto Space/Update is not *supposed*to be
invoked when the speedy frame advances to the next measure. In other words,
it doesn't update because it is working as designed.

Thanks. Macsupport just emailed me with the same answer. I can live with it, but I don't like it. In Fin 2k, I preferred the update when moving from one bar to the next- it was a lot easier to see what I was doing, especially when I was adding a lot of shorter notes to an existing bar. Having to change tools, or even worse click on the mouse, seems a bit more cumbersome. Not a disaster, by any means- but I don't like it as much. I wonder, why was this done? A programming issue, or something else?

As for why other programmed tools don't block the update when accessed, but the MM tool does (if accessed via macro) possibly only could be explained by some weirdness having to do with that particular macro. Hard to know!

Yes, but I suspect the macro too. It doesn't seem to conflict with the application in any other way though. I could just reassign the MM tool as a "finale" Macro- it works fine then. Old habits, and all that- may well do it anyway though as I frequently toggle between both tools.

That's what I like about Finale- usually more than one way to do things!

David
--
note that email address has changed slightly to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED] is no longer read