Keith,

Go to www.acronymfinder.com or www.dictionary.com and type them in. Do a
google.com search on them. Look them up in your Finale manual-- ;-)

DPI = Dots Per Inch--this is how graphic quality/resolution (printed and
displayed on screen) is measured. The higher the DPI the higher the
resolution, thus the higher the graphic is in quality.
<http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=DPI>

PDF = Portable Document Format. Created by Adobe Systems, inc. so that folks
can share documents made with different programs. Adobe distiller and
GhostScript are used to create 'em. Finale's User Manual is PDF files.
<http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=portable%20document%20format>

TIF = Tagged Image File Format. This is a type of graphic file that finale
creates.
<http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=tagged%20image%20file%20format>

EPS = Encapsulated PostScript file format = A graphic file format developed
by Adobe that actually uses font information to display the graphic. A much
higher quality image than TIF or JPG. Finale creates these files via the
graphics tool.
<http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=encapsulated%20postscript>

OSX = Macintosh Operating System X (as in the roman numeral). Mac OS 10 is
the latest and greatest operating system for the Macintosh.
www.apple.com/osx

WAV = Waveform. Audio file format for creating audio CD's
<http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=WAV>

EVPU= Enigma Virtual Page Unit. Finale's own proprietary measurement unit.
It can divide equally into any common measurement unit. There are 288 EVPU's
in an inch...113 in a centimeter. Look em up in the User manual.

GIF = Graphics Interchange Format. Useful for high color images on the web.
<http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=graphics%20interchange%20format>

JPG = JPEG = is a certain type of graphics file, named after the Joint
Photographic Experts Group, who came up with the file format.
<http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=joint%20photographic%20experts%20g
roup>

Carbon = The API (application programming interface) used to make macintosh
programs run natively in Mac OSX and take advantage of the new features of
the OS.
<www.apple.com>

Pstill = a program to make PDF files.
<http://www.wizards.de/~frank/pstill_qa.html>

XML = Extensible Markup Language. It's kinda technical, but it's a markup
language like HTML, but you can create it's functionality as you go. Finale
for Windows ships with a plug-in to change a Finale file into an XML file.
<http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=extensible%20markup%20language>

Again, I found all this information in about 20 minutes by searching
www.dictionary.com and www.google.com. It took me longer to type it out than
to find it.

Have fun,

Allen