Well, if you're going (for instance) from 2/4 to 4/4, just change the time signature (without rebarring the music) and then double durations (again without rebarring). This will not allow notes to "spill over" into other measures. You'll still have to deal with measure-attached elements, but at least the notes should need less editing.

Brad Beyenhof
[EMAIL PROTECTED]