On Sunday, Nov 2, 2003, at 03:23 US/Pacific, Eden - Lawrence D. wrote:

I am working on a setting for brass and narrator. I want to put the narrator's words into each brass part. I am giving thought to extracting the finished parts and want the text to extract easily without having to tweak position.
Shall I:

use the Text Tool or
use the Expresson Tool or
try to write "lyrics"

Hi Larry,

I would enter the lyrics into a staff with no lines, figure out some reasonable values for notes to attach them to so that they became placed roughly according to when they would be said in relationship to the music then hide those notes after all the lyrics are entered. There would be some tweaking of the lyric note durations involved and some experimentation as to whether or not to space with lyric notes accounted for. That way, the spacing should be ok (or easily fixed up) in the extracted parts. Each part of course would be extracted with the lyric staff.

HTH,

Philip Aker
http://www.aker.ca