The situation: Notes have been entered and spaced via Mass Edit note spacing tool in the following groups:

1.  8
th note plus 2 16ths beamed together, followed by four 16ths beamed together

2.  half note followed by four 8th notes beamed together.

Is there a way to click-drag either outside note  in each of these beamed groups to increase the horizontal space they occupy on the staff? And in such dragging, the dragged note and the interior note(s) will automatically arrange themselves in an equally spaced manner between the fixed end note and the dragged end note.

The goal is to reduce or increase as needed otherwise empty space in a given measure.

In the User Manual, Page 27-8. the  change from Beat Spacing to Note Spacing is the direction I want to go. I would like to be able to easily move the notes in the Note Spacing example to reduce the gap after the quarter note and have equal spacing within a beamed group.

Is this ability a plug-in I have not discovered?

Thanks for your help,

Ken Fowler

                “A great piece is always better
                than any performance of it” -

André Previn at an award ceremony in his honor