On Saturday, Nov 8, 2003, at 03:34 US/Pacific, Eden - Lawrence D. wrote:

Understood, and thanks to all who responded...how do we Mac guys ZIP a
file? I can binhex with the best of em and I can go MacBinary too, but I
thought ZIP was a PC only format.
Is there a freeware or shareware program that I can download?

For OS 10.2 or lower, besides the others mentioned, SmartZip (which will strip the resource fork if requested)
For OS 10.3 or newer, Control-Click the file or directory in the Finder, there is a menu choice to zip directly from there. This option does preserve resource forks but they should unzip as two files on PC.

HTH,

Philip Aker
http://www.aker.ca