Okay, I'm sure this has come up before, but I'm just wondering what folks'
feelings are on the usage of cautionary accidentals in non-tonal music.

My practice for over 30 years has been to use the traditional system, but with unparenthesized cautionary accidentals added wherever caution might seem prudent, as for example:

in augmented seconds, thirds, sixths, sevenths.
recurrences in another octave.
recurrences following a change of clef, or after an 8va or loco instruction.
recurrences after complex intervening material.

I very seldom use parenthesized cautionaries, reserving these for situations where one instrument has an enharmonic clash with another--where the absence of an accidental in one part might be misconstrued as an engraving error.

I find the convention of putting accidentals before every note except for immediate repetitions to be not only unnecessary, but wasteful of space and an impediment to legibility.

--
Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press

http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/