Dear Brian,

After seeing that more than one person got the same results to your tie end problem, I tried it again. I see that I added - quite unconsciously - an extra step. I have Finale 2003 set to open in Page View. Ater applying the transposition to the measure 2, I pressed Command-\ to update the layout because the key change at the end of the first bar was hanging off the staff. After entering the Bb whole notes and applying Staff Transposition the tie end was there and was confirmed in the Measure 2 Frame Attributes and remained checked. When I repeated the process without updating the layout I got the same results you describe. I noticed as well that if I went through the steps in Scroll View, the problem appeared even when I updated the layout. So it is a rather obscure bug after all.

Hal
--
Harold Owen
2830 Emerald St., Eugene, OR 97403