You're correct, the P in a circle is still required.

My error to suggest otherwise.

Sorry.

Richard Huggins wrote:

From: "David H. Bailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I don't think that is necessary anymore -- the standard copyright notice
is all that is required these days, I believe.

I checked this out and it apparently still is required. For anyone
interested in reading exactly what it says about the three elements that are
required in the notice, their location, etc. Here is the web link:

<http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#fnp>

That last part ("fnp") is a target location on the page itself. It should
plant you right at that section.

An example of how the notice would look is similar to a copyright notice,
i.e.: (P) 2002 A. B. C. Records Inc.

--Richard

.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]