Perhaps if you simply placed one of your parts into a different layer, then selected SHOW ACTIVE LAYER ONLY in the View menu, and simply used mass mover to copy the parts yourself you would end up with exactly what you want -- 2 separate trumpet parts on one staff.

Aaron Sherber wrote:

At 08:26 AM 12/4/2003, David H. Bailey wrote:
 >In the quantization settings you need to look at the Soften Syncopations
 >setting (I think you have to click the More Options button to get to
 >this screen).  If it's checked, then uncheck it.  If it's unchecked,
 >then it should be checked.  I can never remember which setting does
 >what, but I do know that it is the setting that affects things like you
 >describe.

Yes, I've played with that a little. It seems to work one way for one kind of syncopations, and one way for another.

It seems that what I'm asking for (combine two staves with identical rhythms but different pitches) should be a very straightforward task for Finale or a plugin. I suspect that Implode Music is trying to be too smart about it.

Thanks,
Aaron.

.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]