At 02:07 PM 12/12/2003, Rob Deemer wrote:
>whistles. The article in question can be found here:
>http://shop.store.yahoo.com/expressmusic/difaptofinpa.html

Wow. Again, to each his own, but I have to say that I don't see any advantage whatsoever to using this method, and *plenty* of disadvantages in terms of both speed and the possibility for mistakes.

There are also some inaccurate statements about the way Finale works. And as he himself admits, this method doesn't work if you have any "peculiar anomalies", like clef changes or independent signatures or note fonts (like Maestro Percussion for percussion parts); I don't consider most of those things "peculiar anomalies", but I guess it depends on what kind of music you're doing.

Just my $0.02.

Aaron.