Yes, Apple includes their own X11 system on one of the CDs that come with 10.3. It can also be downloaded from Apple, and will run on earlier versions of OS X (I don't remember how far back--perhaps only 10.2). I have only used it to run Open Office, and it works just fine. The only problem I have had so far is that it isn't too smart about my monitor setup, and I haven't tried to tweak that yet. It centers in between my two monitor. Not a big deal though.

Tim