Have you investigated the inner workings of the drivers for the sound card? Perhaps there is a latency setting for that.

What happens if you don't use the Fin2004 softsynth? Still get the same latency?

Sounds like a question to ask the tech support people for the audio card.

Wiz-of-Oz wrote:

I've bought RME HDSP9632 audio card. I'm getting terrible (over 2 sec.) MIDI
latency when playing back from FinWin 2004a through its built-in softsynth.
It had been all fine before I installed HDSP9632, and everything works with
other programs. Same latency happens when I play my MIDI keyboard (RolandED PC-300 through
its USB connection). I don't use HDSP9632's midi port at all.

Please help TIA Abel Korzeniowski

.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]