<http://www.apple.com/ilife/garageband/>

I saw it demoed at Apple keynote. This looks like a nifty little app -- it should supplant a lot of the low-end shareware digital audio/MIDI software. (The price is great -- $49 for the entire iLife bundle.) Of course, a lot of the features are for hobbyists (prerecorded loops, etc), but it looks like there's plenty of "pro" muscle there to make it worthwhile for serious users as well. Of course, a lot depends on the quality of the included instruments and effects. In the keynote demo, the piano sounded so-so, but the acoustic guitar sounded very good indeed, and the "virtual guitar amps" sounded outstanding. I really want to get hands-on with it.

I wonder if you'll be able to use Garage Band instruments in Finale? (We can always hope... )

I wonder if Garage Band supports third-party sample libraries?

- Darcy

-----

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn NY