I'm editing an early 19th Century concerted choral work, and about midway thru the piece there is a change of tempo on the 4th beat of a measure (quarter note on beat one, quarter rest on beat two, quarter rest of beat three with a fermata, followed by a thin double bar, then a quarter note on the fourth beat which initiates the new allegro tempo and a fugue).

Is there some command in Finale Mac 3k that will allow me to do this, or do I have to create two separate measures out of the one in 4/4 time and then hide the time signature in the second measure of 1/4?

Thanks,
Martin

Martin Banner
Monticello, NY