I'm due to get my upgrade tomorrow, but here's my two cents. It's been my
experience that many apps in OS X are slower than their OS 9 counterpart.
Digital Performer's mixer faders are painfully slow and almost unusable in
OS X. Microsoft Entourage is slower in opening email. Granted my Mac is only
a G4 450MHz, but if OS 9 speedily zips along, why can't OS X?

Cheers,

Glenn Adams
Galactic Anthems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]