> I have given up a long time ago on making EPS directly out of Finale
> (Windows 2000). But the above method seems to work.
>
> Dennis

Hmm. . . This is the only way I have worked with Finale (Mac) since, I think
3.7?  Or whenever it was that Finale introduced the graphic tool, which has
been terrific at exporting pages as EPS.

Once my pages are individual EPS files, I avoided the whole problem of Mac's
page layout by using Pagemaker (my last Classic program).  Then it is easy
to do all kinds of layout things -- and Pagemaker is wonderful at
communicating with my HP5000.  I set up Pagemaker to make links to the EPS
files, so whenever I make corrections, Pagemaker automatically grabs the
updated EPS file.

As for paper: my local print shop is happy to order enough 24x36 paper for
me to make a ream of 12x18 paper (I order as I need it, a ream at a time,
and they do the cutting for free).  I use this for two-up double-sided
printing, folded in half to become a 9x12 booklet.  I get "natural color,"
opaque, 80lb, laserprinter paper.  It looks great, and is not expensive.

All the printing is a snap in Pagemaker.  Needless to say, I won't be able
to finish any projects in 2004 until they fix the EPS export.

David Froom