Title: Re: [Finale] Problem with chord symbols using Jazz fon
At 3:45 PM -0500 2/04/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have no trouble using the chord tool with the Maestro font, but when I use the Jazz font I have a problem with minor seven flat five chords. Normally I use a lower case B for the flat symbol, which works fine for the Maestro font, but it puts a "little B" when I use the Jazz font. I would like it to look like a flat symbol. How does one accomplish that?

Starnagely enough, when the lower case B is in the root note rather than the chord suffix, it comes out fine. Lie Abm7b5, for example.

Yup, that's how it works. What you have to do is to go into the jazz font suffix you created, and edit it so that the b is gone, and instead you have a 5 with "number" box checked, and "flat" as well. From then on, Finale will know when you type it in that the b you type is really a flat.

Or you could memorise the suffix number, then type Ab colon suffix-number, like this

Ab:60

where 60 is the suffix number of m7(b5)

then when you hit the space bar to go to the next chord, the colon-suffixnumber is replaced by the real suffix. That's how I do all my complex suffixes. I have a Postit stuck to my monitor with all my most usual ones written on it. If ever I don't know the suffix number (say for an Ab chord), I type Ab colon zero, and the suffix selector opens up and I find the one I want. I have sorted them by the first number that appears (6 chords, then 7 chords, then 9 chords, etc,) so that they are easier to find.

Christopher