on 2/6/04 9:21 AM, Mr. Liudas Motekaitis at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> When engraving a project that has multiple movements, what are the pros
> and cons of doing it in one file versus separate files?

It used to be many versions ago, that Finale didn't handle large files well
at all.  For me this goes way back to v2.5 - 2.6.  I got into the habit of
breaking large projects into individual files out of necessity.  Then Coda
did something to the file format and/or saving algorithm and made that
pretty much a thing of the past.  Personally, I feel doing them in
individual files is a major PITA.  I am currently working on a huge opera
project that was started several years ago in an older version of Finale.
The first movement is in 6 separate files and the second movement is in only
2 files.  The client wants consecutive page and measure numbers, and with
all of the edits coming in from the opera company, keeping all this straight
is ludicrous.  At this point I am reluctant to try and meld the files into
one large file simply due to its state of completion, complexity, deadlines,
etc.  If I had it to do over again, I would have made the entire project
just one file, and been done with it.

Just my $.02

J.D. Thomas
ThomaStudios