Christopher BJ Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Richard makes a good point, yet Clay's original question stands: Why
> not be able to click in the score with a metatool and get a STAFF
> attached expression that uses the last Staff List, and is
> individually positionable? Currently, you CAN get Finale to remember
> the last staff list used, which is great, but it is an awful lot of
> clicking OK, and you don't get to use metatools.

Well, 2-out-of-three-ain't-bad; for now, I'll take Metatools and Individual
Positioning; since I work almost exclusively in piano-vocal music, the staff
lists aren't a major drawback for me (even in a piece where I've got seven
or eight staves of vocal part, it's not a killer.

Is there a plug-in or somesuch that provides a way to organize expressions?
Once you've got oodles and oodles of them--often more than you've got
Metatoolable keys for--scrolling through the list to find the one you want
is, well, another reason to use text boxes.

(I know, I know, they're powerful as all get-out, and I'll get used to
them!)

Thanks again.

-C