Another way to force a time signature to appear without creating a courtesy time signature in the system above is to use an ossia measure.Create the ossia measure in scroll view so that it's measure attached. Uncheck everything in the "items to display" apart from the time signature and put zero for the H and V values in the measure assignment dialog. If (as in your case) there is already space for a time signature because one is showing on another staff, the "ossia" time signature will be correctly aligned.

This method is useful if you have just a few time signatures to put in, since it avoids the hassle of creating the shape expressions and permits you to automatically place the time signature on the staff. But with a lot of time signatures to add, and the fact that you don't want them to show up in extracted parts, you're probably better off with the shape expressions.

Best wishes,

Michael Cook