At 09:23 AM 2/18/04 +0200, Mr. Liudas Motekaitis wrote:
>It might be that there were tremolo markings on those long stems and the
>font used is not on your system. Or else some other symbol used on the stem.

This happens to me occasionally when opening Finale 2.2 files in Finale
2000 onward. I still have lots of scores done in 2.2, and when I
occasionally need to update something in them (or extract new parts), it
means opening those old 2.2 files.

I fixed by loading the scores into Finale 97, saving them in the new
format, and then loading them into later versions of Finale. I keep a
Finale 97 loaded up on my networked laptop just for that purpose, as it
doesn't play well with later versions of Finale fonts for some reason.

Dennis