On 8 Mar 2004 at 15:29, Brad Beyenhof wrote:

> It seems that today the list has been set with a Reply-to header of
> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"  Now, we don't need to "Reply All" or manually type
> in the Finale list address.

I've never quite understood why more email programs don't have the
same user interface as Pegasus Mail for replying, which lists the
usual headers (FROM, TO, REPLY-TO, CC and SENDER) and allows you to
check off which ones you want to reply to.

The kludge of REPLY ALL has always seemed silly to me when it's so
easy to implement the choice.

> In another thread, now, established practice has caused a poster to
> "slip up" and send a message to the list twice.  I liked the old way,
> since people who only get the digest are more likely to get responses
> quickly through personal email...

I don't want to receive two copies -- indeed, I think it's rather
rude to send both to the individual and to the list.

And on mailing lists that I'm on digest, I will reply only when
digest comes in.

> But, whatever... I'm probably in the minority.

No, you seem to be in the majority.