Hi Neal,

Turn off "Simplify Spelling" in the "Chord" menu.

- Darcy

-----

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn NY

On 10 Mar 2004, at 12:42 AM, Neal Schermerhorn wrote:

Hi, I'm relatively new to Finale and this list. I've found both helpful.

I have an issue regarding getting chords to display intelligently. I'm in
the key of F, here's what is happening.

Gmaj7 F/G Gbmaj7 Bmaj7 is what Finale will do. I want to force Cbmaj7.

Later in the same tune;

Cmaj7 B7 Em Em/Eb A/C# - I want to force Em/D#.

If I ask Finale to favor sharps or flats, I lose. Is there a way to tell
Finale to just do what I want - without changing the key just for a "key of
the moment"? I've tried re-entering the chords with my preferred spelling,
it spits it back enharmonically.

Thanks.

Neal Schermerhorn