When entering a simple melody (eight notes or quarter notes) it takes several seconds to redraw the screen, and it tries to redraw the whole screen every time I enter a note. This occurs even when all the successive measures are empty. I don't understand why it should redraw the previous measures unless it has to scroll them left. This occurs in scroll mode as well as page mode.

Is there any way to explain such a godawful performance or speed it up?

I'm ready to give up and buy Sibelius - - -

Ha, ha! Out of the frying pan and into the fire....

Jonathan Smith