I too, have felt the bite of this bug. When I first discovered the evidence, I thought I was losing my mind.

Michael Matthews

On Wednesday, March 10, 2004, at 12:25 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

Hi all,

This bug has been around since at least Mac Finale 2002, but it seems that if anything, it's even worse in Finale 2004.

Periodically -- and unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce it at will -- changing the content of a page-attached text block in one document will affect *all* open documents.

The most common instance of this I've found is when I am adjusting the automatically-generated staff name headers for extracted parts. I will have all of the extracted parts open simultaneously, and I'll want to change (for example) a text block that says "Reed 1" to "Reed 1 (Flute, Alto Saxophone)". This sometimes causes *all* of the staff name headers in *all* open documents to change to "Reed 1 (Flute, Alto Saxophone)". Very, very frustrating.

In Finale 2004, I've even seen this bug affect text that belongs to a completely different tool. For instance, changing a text block on page 1 of one document might also affect the *abbreviated group name* on page 7 of a completely different document.

I know this bug is elusive and difficult to reproduce, but it's also a real show-stopper, since when you have multiple documents open at once, you never know if you're going to be inadvertently changing text blocks etc. in all of them. The only completely safe way to work is to only have one Finale document open at a time -- which is obviously something of a productivity killer.

If there's anything I can do to help you track down this bug and fix it, please let me know.

Regards,

- Darcy

-----

[EMAIL PROTECTED]