Hi all,

Has anyone had any success getting this to work? 12x18 is not officially supported by this printer -- the official max is 12x17. You are also required to program the bypass tray size on the printer itself, so that's the largest paper size it will accept -- 12x17.

However, the printer itself has no problems feeding 12x18 paper (dunno about the duplexer, though). It's also possible to program a custom paper size of 12x18 in the Page Setup dialog on the computer -- however, this causes all sorts of weird cropping and alignment issues. I got closest to success by choosing a paper size of 12x17 in the Page Setup dialog as well. However, as you might expect, with that option selected, telling Finale to print 2-up results in Finale scaling the size down.

I also tried making a 12x18 PDF and then printing that with a Page Setup of 12x17. It gives you the "paper too large" dialog and I selected "crop". This *almost* worked -- but it printed the far right edge of the page as close to the edge as possible, and the last 1" of the far left edge was in fact cut off, as I thought it might be. Damn, so close!

If I was printing an oversize score in Portrait orientation, with 1" margins all around (actually 1.17" margins), that should work, but for parts booklets, it's no good.

One thing that I haven't tried yet, but that ought to work, would be to print the left-side pages of a 9x12 2-up, then turn the printer around and print the right-side pages. That's an awful lot of manual fiddling, though, and for booklets my brain might explode -- (even if Jari's booklet plugin was available for OS X).

How about the rest of you Ricoh owners out there? Any luck with 12x18 paper?

- Darcy

-----

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn NY