Wow, I never found that bar to be of any use but I didn't realize it might impact the speed of operations. Thanks for the tip.

Jane

On Wednesday, March 17, 2004, at 02:21 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

This tip might be especially relevant for people using FinMac2004 and trying to eke out productivity gains wherever they can: turn off the message bar. This makes a *dramatic* difference in Mass Edit operations like note spacing, and also in any plugin that affects a large number of measures at once.

As it turns out, the live updating of the message bar, telling you what measures are being processed by the current operation, often eats up more processor cycles than the actual operation it's telling you about. Music spacing, for instance, is at least twice as fast with the message bar turned off.

- Darcy

-----

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn NY